Features & Benefits
- High Temperature Applications
- Operational Condition: 230°C / 0.5UR / 1000hrs (2000hrs for selected codes) or 200°C / 0.5UR / 10.000hrs
- 100% Surge Current Tested
- Ceramic Case Hermetic Packaging
- Large Case Sizes Including CTC-21D Provide High Capacitance Values
- Manufacturing and Screening Utilizing AVX Patented Q-Process to Effectively Remove Components that may Experience Excessive Parametric Shifts or Instability in Operation Life
- Oil Drilling
- Extreme Temperature Applications
AVX has extended the lifespan of its THH 230°C Hermetic Series high temperature SMD tantalum capacitors to 10,000 hours at 200°C and 50% derating. Available in two large case sizes (9/CTC-21D and I) that provide high capacitance values spanning 6.8µF to 100µF, THH Series capacitors feature the highest temperature ratings of any SMD tantalum capacitor series available on the market: -55°C to +230°C for 9/CTC-21D case components and -55°C to +215°C for I case components.
Encased in hermetically sealed ceramic packages, THH Series capacitors also exhibit superior stability when exposed to high temperatures, high humidity, and ambient atmosphere, and are impervious to the capacitance drop common to high temperature operation, enabling significant size reductions, lower component counts, and reliability improvements in extremely high temperature applications, such as down-hole oil drilling.