Features & Benefits
- Pre-Plated phosphor bronze contact material provides excellent spring performance with high fatigue and corrosion resistance
- The single stamped and formed box contact maximizes board attachment and wire capture strength
- Integral molded in flange provides a generous vacuum pick-up point for automated SMT placement
- UL approved color range to match individual wires for easy and accurate final product assembly
- Replace inconsistent hand soldered perpendicular wire terminations onto PCB’s in: Power Supplies, LED Drivers, & Industrial/Motor Controls
- Offer a simple and cost reduced solution to existing 2-Piece connector systems
Vertical poke-home connectors were introduced into the market several years ago to provide a reliable, yet cost effective discrete wire-to-board termination in perpendicular applications. These were designed to connect the gap between inconsistent and challenging hand soldering of wires and costly 2-piece connector systems in low pin count applications.
This latest connector was developed specifically to support 18 to 22AWG solid or stranded wire terminations used in power supply, LED driver and industrial control products where PCB space is limited. This new 9296 connector offers a robust single beam contact which securely captures and retains the wire in a 23% smaller package size over previous versions.