Features & Benefits
- Redundant and fatigue resistant phosphor bronze material provides a gas tight, cold welded connection to the wire
- IDC connectors can be potted or over molded to encapsulate electronic modules and provide environmental protection
- The 1p version is available in industry standard colors to match individual wires for error free wire termination
- Connecting discrete wire components to a PCB
- Bringing power and signals onto a PCB
- Daisy chaining or interconnecting PCBs together
AVX industrial/transportation grade insulation displacement connectors (IDC) have been proven in the market for over ten years. Providing a very simple one-step termination process, these connectors proved a robust wire-to-board (WTB) termination in harsh applications.
The 9176-800 series has been developed specifically for 22-30AWG discrete wires in size critical applications. By reducing the “Z” axis height by 1.0mm and the overall volume by up to 50%, this new package size is an ideal choice in space constrained applications over previous IDC connectors. In addition, an expanded size range is available starting from a 1 position up to 4 positions in each wire gauge. The entire range provides new packaging solutions in industrial, medical and transportation applications such as smart metering, LED lighting, industrial controls and portable monitoring and measurement devices.