Features & Benefits
- Reliable gold plated Beryllium Copper contacts for high cycle life and signal integrity up to 1000 cycles
- Tape and reel packaged for automated SMT placement
- Sweeping beam design for pluggable/module applications
- Three gold plating options to match end product environmental or expected life requirements
- Industrial/Ruggedized handheld or portable devices
- BTB connection for any traditional power or signal application
- Ground connections between PCBs or housings
Designers for ruggedized connectors to meet harsh environments continue to look for new products which will reduce size and cost without jeopardizing performance. The new Ultra-Low Profile (ULP) compression contact from AVX surface mounts to a PCB and provides a reliable compression connection to the mating board, even under extreme shock and vibration applications. With over 20 years of 1-Piece compression contact experience, this innovative contact offers full connector performance functionality at the individual contact level. Thus, allowing single contacts to be placed in any location or position on a PCB.
The high force beryllium copper contact is gold plated to maximize reliability and signal integrity. The current offering has two contacts with nominal heights of 1.0mm and 1.5mm. Add in the “Z” axis tolerance range and the compressed height covers 0.75mm up to 1.75mm. The contacts are supplied in tape and reel for easy SMT placement.