Features & Benefits
- Absorption of PCB and module mating tolerances by allowing the unrestricted pin to pass through the contact by eliminating the traditional wire stop
- Two different pin lengths to accommodate board-to-board and module-to-module connections
- The unique geometry of the insulator lends itself to water tightness when matched with a corresponding housing cavity
- Designed to mate with 709296001025016 horizontal PCB contact
- Single pin connection between linear PCB’s
- 38mm pin allows for modules to be connected where the PCB is recessed within the plastic housing.
Developed in conjunction with the 2.5mm STRIPT™ contact from AVX, this new system provides additional mating tolerance absorption over traditional connector systems in linear or coplanar applications. By designing the 709296001025016 contact without a wire stop, the pin header is allowed to pass straight thru the contacts until the final seating/mating dimension is achieved. Allowing for internal pin clearance, boards and modules can be plugged together without worrying about potentially critical tolerance stack-up issues.