IT Service Delivery Engineer – Romania Netwok
Job Description: This role will be responsible for the on-going operation of IT service delivery in Romania and as part of a global virtual team providing remote assistance to installations around the world, delivering a professional IT service, based on appropriate recognised best practise, to support our evolving business goals.
IT Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be the first point of contact for IT issues. Take ownership of IT issues and follow them through to ensure they are complete even if passed to another colleague in the IT team.
- Work within virtual teams to provide support to staff around the global with IT issues escalating where necessary to other teams. You are responsible for any escalated calls and will ensure that these are resolved acceptably to both parties.
- Act as the senior technical authority on site for networking. This includes local LAN/Wi-fi as well as global Networking strategy developed by corporate AVX SNIT team
- Be a point of contact for all network problems globally. Work with the IT Management to provide fast and effective responses to support requirements.
- Work within a virtual team to ensure all network systems are kept up to date and at a supportable level.
- Monitor performance and usage of all network infrastructure making recommendations for expansion where required.
- Providing technical assistance and training to computer users on the application software, hardware and computer services.
- Liaise with vendors and suppliers on software, hardware, telecommunication for leased line and telephone system to maintain proper relationship for better maintenance and support for local systems.
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management and process execution is a benefit
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows client and server operating systems
- Proven network experience including CCNA
- Experience with HP Switching and Wi-Fi Technologies
- Knowledge of HP server and storage technologies is desirable
- English is the language of AVX and an ability to communicate in English is required
- Experience of working in a global multinational company
- Knowledge of VOIP PBX systems
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT
- Ability to internalize and advocate the customer’s position
- Operates with the utmost integrity
- Effective time management
- Strong team Focus
- Logical, thorough and process based delivery style
- Precise and have attention to detail, meeting commitments and delivering continual improvement within communicated and well managed budgetary restrictions