Senior Quality Engineer
Location: Biddeford, Maine
Job Description: The Senior Quality Engineer will be responsible for all Quality related aspects of the processes, materials, equipment, and personnel involved in the production and manufacture and test of the tantalum capacitor product lines. Includes testing and analysis to ensure that our customer requirements have been correctly met, conducting studies to ensure that our processes and equipment maintain the level of yield required, and ensuring that personnel are performing to the expected levels required for the production of Quality product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the control of changes process to ensure compliance to external customer requirements regarding notification / acceptance of change related to changes undertaken on Biddeford manufactured product.
- Manage the generation of internal and customer qualification packages resulting from either material/design changes or new product introduction activities.
- Quality Engineering support to all product lines in definition / maintenance of quality criteria and disposition of Non-Conforming Product.
- Promotes use of best engineering practice across all functions directly related to the manufacture of tantalum capacitors.
- Perform statistical analysis on engineering experiments and product
- Develop new and improved test methods and analysis techniques.
- Perform and or manage Gage R&R and capability studies
- Prepare / generate report deliverables with appropriate senior management review for medical, military and aerospace customers.
- Interface between Engineering and Quality on customer related projects/issues.
- Provide Quality support to engineering projects relating to product and process improvement for all current and future production lines.
- Effectively applies ISO 9001, AS 9100, and ISO 13485 methodology and enforces standard requirements.
- Lead staff in collecting and analyzing data to achieve goals for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction metrics.
- BS in Engineering or Science plus 8 years of related work experience or MS in Engineering or Science with 5 years of related work experience.
- Special Qualifications & Requirements:
- Adept at using the following applications: Word; EXCEL; PowerPoint; Statistical software (Minitab preferred). A proven ability to write clear and concise technical reports as well as organize and make presentations on initiatives. Knowledgeable in SPC procedures with the ability to use statistical evaluation techniques and programs. Lean six sigma green belt or black belt preferred.
- Experience in managing individuals and groups to achieve goals and further the strategic direction of the company.