Sr. Design Applications Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Description: The Senior Design Applications Engineer will work with/for the technical sales force to address customer product and application requirements and specifications, with a focus on the 5G marketplace. Supports and ensures adoption of AVX RFS products and solutions meeting customer requirements. Interfaces with design center personnel through the Principal RF Applications Engineer to provide continuous technical support for the customer through release to production. Based in the San Diego design center.
Sr. Director, Ethertronics
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with/for the (RFS) technical sales force to address customer product and application requirements and specifications.
- Functions as interface to Principal RF Applications Engineers located in the Ethertronics global design center network.
- Responsible for supporting adoption of AVX RFS products and solutions across multiple markets with a particular focus on the 5G marketplace. Ensures products and solutions meet customer requirements.
- Provides continuous technical support to customers through release to production.
- Engages in the definition and development of customer specifications for standard, custom, and derivative products in a wide variety of wireless devices and applications, across a wide frequency range in a range of form factors from single radiators to integrated RF modules.
- Interfaces with design center personnel during execution of projects; member of extended implementation team providing technical expertise and customer perspective.
- Has knowledge and clear understanding of theoretical and practical aspects dealing with antennas, antenna arrays, feed networks for arrays and typical RF front-end modules and circuits.
- Proficient in clearly communicating directions and in influencing people in adopting the best solutions, tools, working practices and promote cooperation in defining an excellent technical product.
- Display aptitude for continuous improvement in all aspects of the position leading to the highest efficiency, best engineering results, and highest customer satisfaction.
- Must work with minimum supervision.
- MS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree.
- 5-10 years of industry technical sales and engineering experience.
- Experience in RF and/or antenna design. Knowledge of antenna manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Proven track record of bringing successful products to market.
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional organizational structure.
- Experience with direct customer support and conversion of customer inquiries and requirements into specifications, design-ins, and design wins.
- Excellent customer, interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to learn new design concepts and skills, a team player, with passion for own work and to mentor and grow junior-level engineers.