Production Planning Manager
Location: Biddeford, Maine
Job Description:Directly responsible for the management of production planning for the Biddeford facility. Reduce inventory to the lowest levels possible and still exceed our customers expectations of on time delivery. Match customers required needs with manufacturing capability.
Reports To:Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• General responsibilities include production scheduling, inventory control and materials requirements planning.
• Ensure total monthly sales forecast is met.
• Ensure all customer requirements are scheduled to the plant to ensure on time delivery.
• Report on current and anticipated problems with meeting our customer shipments.
• Provide a manufacturing plan every period that reflects the actual and forecasted needs of the customer, considering current inventory position and the current capacity.
• Participate in planning and decision making required to identify minimum required inventory levels.
• Coordinate all department activities necessary for maintaining accurate inventory levels.
• Coordinate with Engineering and Marketing on new products and sample orders.
• Develop and implement scheduling/planning department policies and procedures.
• Establish individual goals for direct reports in alignment with plant and corporate level goals.
• Participate and Lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce WIP and lead-times.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field along with 10 years experience in a high volume manufacturing operation. Electronic component manufacturing preferred.
• The selected candidate must be result oriented and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Computer skills are a must. Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement experience required.