Location: Biddeford, Maine
Job Description:Manage, plan and direct all manufacturing activities in the Biddeford plant: establish and achieve yearly and monthly production goals; develop and introduce production equipment for output and efficiency. Develop, manage and maintain production equipment to meet long-range business objectives. Maintain proper staffing levels, monitor operator adherence to Standard Operating Procedures, and ensure that all operators are properly trained for their jobs. Manage production supervisors and other direct reports as assigned by Operations Manager. Working with Engineering to support new products and processes to support long-range business goals. Set goals and budgets for production.
Reports To:Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan and implement original and revolutionary process methods and changes for long and short-term growth.
* Ability to use personal computer programs: Spreadsheet; Graphics and other computer programs related to production.
* Must be able to manage and direct efforts of subordinates to achieve goals.
* Ability to write clear and concise reports as well as organize and make presentations to all levels of AVX employees and customers.
* Coordinate technical issues with staff as needed.
* Schedules, plans and organizes all departments to effectively utilize labor and materials.
* Coordinates with all shifts to make sure objectives are met.
* Establish and measure performance of department goals and objectives for subordinate supervision, and monitors training programs for supervisors as well as production employees.
* Identify process problems and initiate process improvements.
* Design and implement programs to reduce cost and improve quality and reliability.
* Lead company in meeting goals in safety, quality, reliability and production.
* Working knowledge of Lean Methodologies and 5S principles.
BS in Engineering or Science plus 5 years of related work experience or MS in Engineering or Science and 3 years of experience.
Must have experience in a high-volume manufacturing operations, electronic component background preferred.
3-5 years supervisory experience.