Manufacturing Manager – Thin Film
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Job Description: The Manufacturing Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing Thin Film products to meet production, quality, safety, service, cycle time, labor efficiency, WIP, cost reductions, 5S, and EEO goals and objectives for assigned product lines or departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all components of manufacturing (personnel, equipment, tooling, processes, material handling, computer systems) to meet production, quality, safety, service, cycle time, labor efficiency, WIP, cost reductions, 5S and EEO goals and objectives.
- Maintain the highest level of safety in all operations.
- Maintain daily visibility on all key operations, track performance against goals and adjust labor or solicit assistance from other departments to meet goals.
- Maintain accurate records and data pertaining to the operation and to submit required reports.
- Recommend and/or implement improvements within the areas and alert management of problems and potential solutions.
- Determine and establish the necessary staffing for meeting production goals.
- Communicate performance to product line goals and objectives a minimum of monthly to all employees. Measure and report performance to department goals and objectives monthly.
- Train and develop subordinates. Ensure training documentation is completed as required.
- Handle personnel issues within policies and in conjunction with Human Resources.
- A Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Manufacturing Management, Engineering, Industrial Technology or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in manufacturing management, preferably in the electronic industry
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience total in a manufacturing environment; in manufacturing supervision, engineering, planning, quality or other manufacturing related positions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to learn and use different computer systems; advanced level in MS Office Excel.
- Ability to listen, observe and understand all the components of manufacturing in order to meet production goals and prevent bottlenecks. Ability to quickly react to adjust labor or solicit assistance from other departments to achieve results.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required.
- Ability to work in a clean room and follow clean room protocol.