Location: Greenville, SC, US
Responsible for the design, build, repair, replacement and development of new and existing dies and tooling. Provide support to production, research and other departments by assisting in solving and repairing existing tooling problems, both locally and at other AVX locations. Perform training for technicians and operators on proper tooling usage and handling. Maintain tooling tolerances and replacement intervals , and/or PM schedules. Order and maintain machine ship supplies, tooling, drawings, dies, and consumables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and document measurements on new and in process tooling. Maintain tolerances for spec compliance and quality control.
- Set-up of measuring devices, gauges, standards, equipment and provide necessary planning for tooling measurements.
- Ensures that all existing dies, production tooling, and dedicated equipment are adequately maintained and in good working order.
- Prepare and maintain reports according to tooling inventories, tooling measurements and related specifications.
- Prepare database for tooling wear and document trends.
- Develop and maintain reports according to tooling inventories, tooling measurements and related specifications.
- Develop and utilize knowledge of processes and materials utilized in the department.
- Monitor and optimize stock inventories of new tooling, in process tooling, spares, etc.
- Collaborate with suppliers on quality issues, specifications, etc. Research new products or alternative products to support existing or new programs.
- Perform all duties as designated by supervisor/manager and/or by the job position description.
- Must be able to read and understand prints and part design drawings.
- Be available for overtime assignments as required to fulfill job responsibilities.
- 2 year associate degree in machine tool technology and a minimum of 5 years' experience as a general machinist or toolmaker in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of CAD and SNC machine language programming.
- Extensive experience in grinding and heat treating.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of performing job duties with minimal supervision.
- must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language (i.e. the language of all plant directives) for required document control; must be able to perform general mathematical computations as appropriate for interpretation and measurement of tooling tolerances.