Location: Coleraine, UK
Job Description: Working within a team of experienced Engineers and reporting to the Process Engineering Manager you will provide technical support to our materials manufacturing facility. You will have responsibility for key process indicators, scrap reduction and product disposition. You will lead continuous improvement activities within the area by identifying the latest technologies and systems. You will work closely with our new product development group and other AVX sites across the globe to assist in the introduction of new materials and processes required to build our next generation of product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Engineering support to manufacturing facility.
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities.
- Work with global manufacturing team to introduce new materials and processes.
- Have a degree or equivalent in a relevant science or engineering related discipline – relevant disciplines include Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry.
- Have good organizational and project management, problem solving, presentation and excellent planning skills.
- Work to aggressive milestones in a fluid environment.
- Have good analytical, collaboration and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office – in particular Excel.
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience / knowledge of analytical tools.