Technical Sales Manager – Automotive Interconnect
Location: Detroit, MI
Job Description: This position is responsible for developing new customers and products within our Interconnect and Sensor Divisions. You will work closely with operations, development engineering and customers to identify connector application requirements leading to customer design approvals and new business for AVX. Additionally you will provide technical capability presentations to OEM customers to promote new technology and AVX interconnect and sensor products. The position reports to the Director of Automotive- Americas.
Director, Automotive Sales
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with automotive customers to develop customer specific interconnect and sensor solutions resulting in the design-in of AVX products.
- Analyzing customer application requirements and working with Development Engineering to determine project feasibility.
- Development of product and program implementation plans.
- Keeping current with the latest automotive connector and sensor technology via participation on industry committees such as USCAR.
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating the status of project and design activities.
- Will support application development activities on automotive interconnect and sensors.
- 4 Year Degree required (preferably in mechanical engineering).
- Mechanical experience/aptitude required.
- 5+ years of experience in technical marketing/sales, preferably related to electro-mechanical component manufacture preferred. Automotive Connector and/or Sensor experience a strong plus!
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at the sales and customer level.