Technical Engineering Manager – Supercapacitors
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The Technical Engineering Manager leads the technical functions for all global manufacturing locations supplying supercapacitors to various markets. This is accomplished in cooperation with Engineering, Quality, and Production personnel to meet company and regulatory standards for product quality, customer quality satisfaction, cost savings, yield improvement, and overall manufacturability. Interfaces with Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, R&D and production teams to achieve results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will interface with sales, manufacturing and marketing to support the technical interface with customers and FAE’s
- Will be in close contacts with the R&D team across the world to feedback and propose cost effective solution to customers and marketing
- Will be the main window for helping design in products, involving recommendation of which type of cells or modules would be needed
- Would have a strong Quality background to be able to help navigate the requests from marketing and customers
- Monitor new product introductions to validate performance and ensure full customer satisfaction
- Intimately knowledgeable of the technology (material science as well as EE)
- Participation in trade shows and training around the world for FAE’s; anticipate significant travel
- Maintain quality KPI’s with key suppliers
- Should become in a short time the central point for technical expertise on this type of product but also application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Materials, Ceramics, Chemical, Electrical) and 10+ years of related experience or MS/PhD and 6 years of related experience. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Must have experience with Electronics and Supercapacitors
- Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices
- Ability to effectively delegate while maintaining forward motion on key deliverables
- Strong mentoring, training and coaching to junior engineers
- Capable of managing multiple projects and work centers. Prioritize activities simultaneously in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated skills in technical writing. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to management and technical staff audiences