Strategic Sourcing Manager – Ceramic Division
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: This position will lead sourcing strategy development, identification of savings opportunities in associated areas of spending, provide key input to annual savings plans, and deliver year-over-year Total Cost of Ownership savings targets. Ability to influence and motivate key internal stakeholders (division managers, technical/specification engineers and decision makers) is essential, as is the ability to work in partnership. The person will also work closely with Engineering and Quality for Ceramics as it relates to the division’s needs for material. This includes but not limited to Raw Ore/ Ore processing type, identification of new material suppliers, and qualification of new sources.
Sr. Vice President
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategic sourcing of high volumes of raw material commodities as it relates to electronic components manufacturing. This includes but not limited to high grade electronic powders, raw and finished steel, stamped steel, molding compound resins, precious metals pastes (this is including demand planning, buying & managing inventory levels).
- Effective supply chain management, balancing on-time delivery with inventory optimization.
- Make good timely ‘risk versus reward’ decisions considering both short and long term outcomes.
- Plan, execute, and oversee purchasing strategies that are conducive to company profitability.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities in sourcing, supplier development, internal improvements, and other strategic areas.
- Collaborate with other suppliers of Metals & Minerals to provide standardized market reports and periodic recommended strike prices for these major raw material commodities (not directly involved in day-to-day purchases of these divisions).
- Perform due diligence to understand internal business requirements and supply market dynamics for spend areas of accountability.
- Lead/participate in 'make vs. buy' decisions.
- Identify areas of risk (supply, pricing, contract, supplier financial & operational capacity qualification, etc.) and implement appropriate mitigation measures.
- Apply technology tools to improve the effectiveness and cycle time of sourcing projects.
- Maintain accountability for category savings targets and performance measures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related discipline. MBA or post graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in strategic sourcing
- Demonstrated application of the following: Project Management Skills; Category Strategy Development & Application; Demand Management, Sourcing; Supply Chain Risk Management; Contract Execution and Management; Materials Management; Negotiating and Influencing Strategy; Risk Identification & Mitigation; Financial Skills; Supplier Performance Management;
- Ability and willingness to mentor;
- Ability to manage complex spend of $100M or more;
- Passion for maintaining global overview of all market dynamics for steel and other raw materials;
- Broad supply chain experience beyond sourcing including logistics, fulfillment, inventory deployment, and demand/supply planning processes