Location: Greenville, SC
Emphasis on compliance and tax accounting. Preparation and review of Federal consolidated return and State/Local income, franchise tax returns and the quarterly global tax provision. Assist in the development and handling of all facets of corporate property tax and sales/use tax functions including: preparation and review of returns, negotiation and administration of tax audits and be able to initiate and develop tax planning recommendations. The individual is able to identify potential tax issues, research the relevant tax law, and bring issues to a resolution.
Manager, Tax Compliance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet/exceed the customer’s (internal and external) expectations by understanding, anticipating and meeting customer needs. Exhibit proactive communication; act and think with the customers in mind.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and energetic with customers, co-workers, managers, and visitors. Promote and project a positive company image; treats others with courtesy and respect.
- Knowledge in the analysis of financial statement and other relevant data which is essential to the preparation of AVX Corporation’s federal, state and local income and franchise tax returns.
- Ensure compliance with reporting requirements of federal, state and local tax law.
- Have experience and knowledge with the preparation and review of the corporate global tax provisions under FAS 109/ASC 740 and FIN 48.
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and international financial reporting standards.
- Recommends ways to minimize tax payments through creative and innovative application of tax laws and regulations.
- Conducts research for compliance, audit and tax planning projects and formulate appropriate recommendations.
- Participates in tax audits by assisting in the coordination, preparation and accumulation of data for presentation to tax auditors.
- Attends technical tax seminars to keep abreast of current tax issues, which may affect AVX Corporation and Subsidiaries.
- Performs other projects or special assignments as required.
- Respond to correspondence and inquiries from taxing jurisdictions.
- Assist in maintaining the tax depreciation books for all domestic entities.
- Compile and analyze information for tax purposes; Analyze and reconcile account balances; Maintain tax records.
- Assist in the review personal property renditions, assessments and valuation notices and take proper course of action in order to ensure equitable values and minimize the company's property tax liability.
- Research new laws, court decisions, rulings, regulations, and proposed legislation related to property taxes and pursue tax planning strategies in order to pay the lowest legally allowable tax.
- Assist in the development and implementation of improved property tax compliance processes and procedures on ongoing basis.
- Assist in the timely preparation and review of sales & use tax returns as required by state and local taxing jurisdictions.
- Assist in minimizing taxes and related costs while ensuring compliance with tax reporting requirements and laws; Perform research as necessary and respond to internal and external queries related to sales and use taxes.
- BA/BS in Accounting or comparable credentials required. Advanced degree or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Federal and State corporate income tax compliance is required, preferably with a large corporation or a major accounting firm. Experience with accounting for income taxes preferred.
- Solid understanding of taxation concepts.
- Basic to intermediate computer literacy and proficiency in MS Excel. Experience with tax compliance and/or research software preferred.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills and strong interpersonal skills necessary for effective communication with peers, division accountants, tax authorities and external advisors is required.
- Must be organized and able to schedule and manage strict time constraints and mandatory deadlines.