Location: Greenville, SC
Originate, develop or modify existing materials, processes, or equipment and/or perform basic or applied research in one or more fields of endeavor associated with Engineering theory, physics, ceramics, metallurgy, chemistry, mathematics with little or no guidance or instruction other than an outline of essential parameters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works as an effective member of a team while providing effective leadership, direction and coaching for direct reports, as applicable
- Oversees and directs junior engineers and technicians on assigned projects, including methods and scope of work under the functional guidance of senior personnel where some detailed outline of procedures and desired results are given.
- Leads engineering team in design and development of projects with related activities to ensure compatibility of design and adherence to specifications.
- Serves as liaison with equipment manufacturers for process and machinery improvements
- Establishes and conducts test, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares reports summarizing methods employed and results obtained in the solution of the assigned project.
- Requires the limited use and/or application of basic engineering or scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop solutions to problems of limited scope.
- Prepares training manuals, operating procedures and instructions for manufacturing processes
- Ensures proper manufacturing procedures are followed, adhering to all safety policies and procedures and quality regulations and standards, and achieving optimal operational costs
- Identifies production process problems, conducts tests and experiments to analyze problems; solves problems in conjunction with other departments
- Provides technical support to junior engineers and technicians in response to production issues or during preventative maintenance utilizing excellent interpersonal skills
- Troubleshoots machinery as required with the support of a qualified technician
- Creates and manages project plans for continuous improvement initiatives, delivering on results as committed
- Analyzes manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing
- Masters Degree in Engineering required (Mechanical, Ceramics, Electrical, Material, Chemical or similar)
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of computer programs.
- Application of Standards
- Continuous Improvement / Problem Solving
- Deployment and Monitoring of Key Indicators
- Formalization and Transmission of Knowledge and Skills
- Project Management and Innovation
- Willing to travel to CA and Mexico
- Statistical Process Control