Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The Specification Engineer is responsible for managing and maintaining specifications within their assigned product lines. In addition, this individual will work closely with the sales team, marketing managers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, accounting, the logistics groups in the USA, and Specification Engineer teams located in other AVX facilities globally. Responsibilities will also include drawing and quality clause reviews and providing assistance related to specification management by working with other departments such as IT and factory personnel.
Global Specification Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute requests for new specifications, changes to specifications, drawing and quality clause reviews for all assigned AVX products.
- Responsible for maintaining assigned specifications master files that detail product processes, testing, bill of materials, routings, and packaging.
- Responsible for ensuring product specifications are documented accurately in applicable systems.
- Perform specification reviews for assigned product and process compliance and accuracy.
- Address or escalate errors or questions related to drawing or specification reviews and maintenance.
- Comply to process changes or priorities based on the business directives.
- Contribute to opportunities for program improvements with process changes, training, or development of new tools and methodologies.
- Document assigned processes with Policies, Procedures, or Guidance documents that support the specification program initiatives; develop and execute training using external and internal platforms, including classroom and web-based methods.
- Mentor or cross train other specification personnel to the required policies, procedures, and tools applicable to the Global Specification program.
- Assist plant teams through investigation and closure of escalated nonconformance events related to product specifications upon request of the management team.
- Drive projects requiring cross-departmental input to completion with strong follow-up, communication, and organization skills by required deadline.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in an Engineering discipline)
- Should have a working knowledge of BOMs, specification data, and the ability to read and understand component product drawings. Knowledge of Ceramic MLCC product manufacturing preferred.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel. Smartsheet proficiency a plus.
- Detail and Quality focused with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization and global locations.
- Ability to develop policies, procedures, and training.
- Self-starter, motivated, team focused, and results driven.
- Demonstrated history of consistently exceeding goals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal skills.