Location: Greenville, SC
The Software Engineer designs, develops and maintains software solutions in support of the Equipment Engineering group. This position will require the ability to build high-quality, innovative and fully effective software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
Equipment Engineering Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, maintainable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Expand existing software to meet the changing needs
- Focus on creating fault-tolerant programming
- Establish multi-platform versions of the software package
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, plus a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Must be familiar with “C like” and “Basic like” languages, specifically (C#, VB.Net, VB6).
- Familiar with industry communication protocols (GPIB/SCPI and EtherNet/IP).
- Must have strong familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Power Point and Excel), AutoCAD, and related software.
- SQL database and Oracle experience a plus.