Location: Greenville, SC
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing key projects, developing project charters, schedules, and other key deliverables as part of full life-cycle project management, while also providing regular status updates to stakeholders. The individual will also be responsible for establishing project management templates and standards to be used at all AVX locations. They will also facilitate periodic gate reviews. The Project Manager will work directly with an internal global team as well as (at times) vendors and third party partners to develop joint project plans for our integration projects. Other duties of the Project Manager include planning and submitting recommendations to resolve discrepancies, taking action on issues of non-compliance, keeping lines of communication open among all project stakeholders, tracking deliverables, milestones and any decisions made regarding request for changes and outstanding items.
Global IT Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop global standards for project management; project templates, status reporting, and governance.
- Facilitate periodic stage gate reviews. Participate in a project governance team.
- Responsible for key deliverables such as timely communication of project milestones, status reporting, change requests and budget performance.
- Responsible for meetings and planning sessions at various stages of the project lifecycle, as required.
- Promote project management best practices; train IT and other functional groups on PM methodologies.
- Work closely with business leaders and remain actively involved in sponsor/stakeholder management.
- Establish and implement project management best practices.
- Work with teams in resolving discrepancies, removing or mitigating roadblocks, acting on issues of non-compliance, and facilitating communication among all project stakeholders.
- Ensure effective tracking of outstanding deliverables, milestones, and change requests. Provide regular status updates to project stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field is required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Designation is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in project management, including expertise with project management tools.
- Demonstrated experience in large scale project delivery such as ERP implementations.
- Ability to lead ad hoc teams of bright and highly motivated individuals.
- Ability to scope and size work efforts effectively.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Highly developed and influential communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Team player with proven ability to facilitate project delivery through high-functioning teams.