Research Lab Supervisor
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The Research Lab Supervisor role could be required to work on any shift as necessary and be responsible
for a growing number of direct reports. The position will coordinate incoming tests and help test product as needed in the application test lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day supervision of test lab direct reports regarding work needs,
quality, safety, scrap and other aspects of analytical testing
- Routine testing of devices as needed to support production and development activities.
- Manage individual performance issues of direct reports in areas such as attendance,
performance reviews, training and development.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as Workday and attendance tracking
- Perform other duties in support of Safety Program and Inventory management such as safety
inspections, housekeeping inspections, crane/hoist/lifting equipment inspections, etc.
- Must be able to oversee multiple test requests submitted to lab. Interface with engineers for test support and prioritize test submittals from multiple organizations.
- Must be able to work at desk using computer, routinely answering telephone and effective use
of other basic office equipment
- Must be physically able to work in sometimes awkward situations with manufacturing
equipment and handle weights of up to 40 pounds as necessary
- Ensures shift employees are following safe work practices and procedures consistently and
completely. Audits for compliance and addresses safety issues in a timely manner.
- Conducts safety and job function training for shift personnel.
- Trains shift associates in proper procedures, coaches them to improve results, and evaluates
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience with electrical testing of varied devices. Understanding of network analyzers, power supplies, impedance analyzers and other test equipment required.
- Highly organized with excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in timekeeping systems