Location: Greenville, SC
The Quality Engineer will work with the Manufacturing team to improve quality and reliability, and will participate in a variety of activities that can include direct interaction with customers, suppliers, and other AVX factories.
Division Quality Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand how the manufacturing processes for ceramic capacitors affect the essential physical and electrical characteristics and apply that knowledge effectively.
- Improve quality performance using process controls, product inspection, data analysis, and problem solving tools.
- Improve systems for sample submission, data collection, and storage and reporting of test results
- Participate in problem solving activities to identify root causes and implement effective corrective actions, provide corrective action reports to customers
- Support the plant Quality Management System and compliance to ISO 9001, IATF 16949, MIL-STD- 790, etc.
- Travel to other AVX locations, suppliers, and customers as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or STEM-related discipline (Electrical, Ceramics, or Materials preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Manufacturing experience or Co-op / Internship in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with quality tools such as SPC, MSA (Gage R&R), root cause analysis (Fishbone, 5 Why, Fault Tree), and 8D reports
- Experience with internal and 3rd party audits to ISO-9001 and IATF-16949 standards