Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The successful candidate will provide Quality Engineering support to the Manufacturing team to improve quality and reliability, and will participate in a variety of activities that can include direct interaction with customers, suppliers, and other AVX factories.
Quality Engineering Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand how the manufacturing processes for ceramic capacitors affect the essential physical and electrical characteristics and apply that knowledge effectively.
- Improve quality performance using process controls, product inspection, data analysis, and problem solving tools.
- Perform failure analysis and process investigation to determine the root cause of problems
- Provide corrective action reports to close issues with internal and external customers.
- Support the plant Quality Management System and compliance to ISO-9001, ISO/TS-16949, MIL-STD- 790, etc.
- Travel to other AVX locations, suppliers, and customers as needed.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Ceramics, or Materials Eng. preferred)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Manufacturing experience or Co-op / Internship in a manufacturing environment is preferred Familiarity with quality tools such as SPC, MSA (Gage R&R), root cause analysis (Fishbone, 5 Why, Fault Tree), 8D reports, and reliability estimates is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with ISO-9001, ISO/TS-16949, MIL-STD-790, etc. is preferred but not required
- Familiarity with LabVIEW, Visual Studio, Oracle SQL is preferred but not required