Location: Greenville, SC
This position is responsible for the implementation and management of projects and programs within our Connector product line as defined by, and on behalf of, the Director of North American Marketing. Responsible for developing and implementing a product marketing business plan that will increase profitability. You will also work to implement projects and programs by working with and through the responsible plant departments, including, but not restricted to Engineering, Production Control, Manufacturing, R&D and Quality.
Director, North America Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the continuity and timely completion of projects and programs by monitoring the efforts of all departments mentioned and assisting in their coordination when required. Projects may include new product development, product improvements, prioritization, etc.
- Monitor plant performance and recommend changes required in plant operation for the product to achieve the required capacity, on-time delivery, quality, and manufacturing costs. Control and optimize inventory at all times, keeping in mind inventory carrying costs, obsolescence, and lost business opportunities due to stock shortages.
- Liaison between marketing and sales, customer service, authorized representatives, AVX direct sales personnel, and customers.
- Keeps all involved departments updated of progress by oral and written reporting. Present to leadership groups, both in and outside of AVX.
- Develops marketing plans and programs to achieve the desired sales goals on a profitable basis.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system for the collection and dissemination to and from the sales force of information concerning product performance and applications.
- Determines the present and future market potential of all products assigned.
- Analyze direct and indirect completion, prices, policies and promotions.
- Develop and implement appropriate means of combating competitive situations and specific action required.
- Recommend deletion of non-profitable products, also new products or potential expansion projects.
- Assist in a resolution of customer complaints through prompt investigation.
- P&L responsibility via final pricing and volume balancing. Responsible for implementing a marketing business plan that will generate a profitable product line.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or another STEM-related discipline is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a product manager position, preferably with connectors.
- Attention to detail, ability to follow through with multiple assignments, and ability to receive, assimilate and relay technical information accurately.
- Must be willing and able to travel 25-50%.
- Experience managing P&L responsibilities.