Oracle Financial Systems Analyst
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Administer established company policies and procedures for conformance within the Oracle applications setups. Respond to and remediate functional and user issues as they arise during day-to-day operations. Maintain the Corporate Chart Of Accounts, Budget Orgs, Budgets and Cross Validation Rules. Maintain Oracle Financial Applications Calendars and Fiscal Periods. Assist Financial Accounting with weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual jobs to post sub ledgers to General Ledger, and capture and correct transaction errors when necessary. Train and help new users get set up with the necessary security and access to perform their job. Assist the Global ERP Manager as needed.
Global ERP Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the global Oracle financial system for all installed modules in each AVX region in coordination with the IT group, Corporate Accounting and third party consultants as needed.
- Perform analysis, modification, and daily functional support of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Maintain Global Chart of Accounts. Example of duties to be performed:
- Add new account segment values and ensure new values are appropriate in keeping with AVX standard.
- Add new product lines and assign PL Centers as needed.
- Insert new values into parent/child relationships for summary (roll-up) reporting and ensure new values are mapped appropriately from individual company ledgers to Consolidated Ledger for Global reporting.
- Maintain Cross-Validation Rules to ensure data integrity and preventing incorrect Account Code Combinations from being entered in the system.
- Disable obsolete Account Segment Values and Code Combinations.
- Communicate Chart of Accounts changes and rationale to local accounting staff members.
- Assess impact of Chart of Account changes and make recommendations to Management on proposed changes.
- Assist staff accountants in creating re-class journals when balances must be moved from incorrect/obsolete code combinations to new combinations.
- Assist staff accountants in Financial Statement Generator (FSG) report development.
- Design and develop Oracle data conversions / interfaces from legacy systems to ERP. Ensure smooth flow of day to day business transactions between legacy systems and Oracle EBS.
- Work on configurations and gap analysis required for future roll-outs.
- Prepare technical design documents for customizations and conversions.
- Assist AVX Oracle Users with standard, Polaris RWB, ad hoc, or other custom reporting applications.
- Perform user training in reporting applications.
- Assist with Monthly Oracle financial close for all locations as needed.
- Maintain Interface Mapping Files.
- Maintain mapping files from legacy payroll, sales, and manufacturing systems to ensure journals are posted to correct Code Combinations.
- Updating mapping files as new Code Combinations are created or retired.
- Assist staff accountants in reconciliation and troubleshooting interface reconciliation issues.
- Maintain Interface Mapping.
- Assist staff responsible for Cognos/OneStream reporting on interface/extract definition.
- Communicate Chart of Account changes to OneStream staff.
- Work with Corporate Accounting to ensure OneStream reporting rollups are correct for the Oracle data source
- B/S in Finance, Accounting/Business Administration or IT
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS R12 financial systems/modules and sub-ledger accounting
- Minimum of 8 years of overall business and accounting experience preferably with 5 years of Oracle eBusiness Suite.
- Functional business experience in a user capacity.
- May require travel to AVX locations throughout U.S., Latin America, Europe, and Asia to assist with Global Oracle Implementation projects and perform training.
- Must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Strong understanding of financial systems
- Ability to manage several tasks at one time
- Ability to build relationships with people at all levels, including executive management.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Unrestricted travel
- Strong analytical skills with heightened problem solving ability
- Very detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products
- SQL, PL/SQL familiarity desirable