Market Research Manager
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: This position is responsible for developing strategic marketing plans for key market sectors across all AVX products, i.e. Automotive, Medical, Military/Aerospace, Industrial, etc. Plans will include AVX value proposition for each market and specific targeting strategies. This person will also work to incorporate acquired companies into the AVX marketing strategy.
Director, Product Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate and agree on marketing strategies with business unit Vice Presidents for each product line.
- Establish key marketing metrics.
- Utilize CRM tools to develop, communicate, and manage market strategies.
- Provide competitor profiles that include: Products, pricing, trends, and SWOT Analysis.
- Manage marketing calendar and coordinate with AVX Marketing Communications group for NPR releases, trade shows, and conferences/symposiums.
- Analyze global RFQs for market trends.
- Research market trends to identify new opportunities with existing products, potential new products, and acquisition targets.
- Cross functional product development with value add proposition
- Develop marketing communication strategies with AVX Marcom group, including technical articles, press releases, NPI, advertising, catalogs and datasheets, content for AVX website and landing page, and webinars.
- Develop program to facilitate communication on market trends/conditions and market research to various stakeholders including sales, FAE’s, APTC, operations, and executive management.
- MS or PhD in Engineering, or BS in Engineering, Marketing, or Business with significant experience within the electronics industry, specifically in new product development
- 7+ years of experience in a related sales and/or marketing job function, preferably in electronic components. Experience in R&D, but with significant customer interaction, is acceptable in lieu of direct sales/marketing experience.
- Ability to communicate at all levels. Should have experience with passive electronic components.
- Ability to apply knowledge of competitor’s product lines and their relative position in the market.