Location: Greenville, SC
The Software Engineer designs, develops and maintains software solutions in support of the Equipment Engineering group. This position will require the ability to build high-quality, innovative and fully effective software in compliance with coding standards and technical design. This position will require an understanding of industrial controls. Work is usually performed independently or under the general supervision of the Equipment Engineering Manager, and is reviewed through inspection of work in progress and upon completion.
Equipment Engineering Manager / Sr. Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, maintainable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Expand existing software to meet the changing needs
- Focus on creating fault-tolerant programming
- Establish multi-platform versions of the software package
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Three to five years programming experience (preferably C# or Java, and PLC )
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- Hands on experience in designing multi-threaded I/O applications.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware, basic electrical circuits
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes
- Experience on CAD (AutoCAD or SolidEdge) programs a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from various levels within the organization.
- Self-starter, motivated, team focused and results driven.