Location: Greenville, SC
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR department in supporting plant initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Human Resources Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers various human resource functions and procedures for all plant personnel including worker’s compensation, FMLA, leave of absence, etc.
- Updates company employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual as needed.
- Maintains ADP HRIS records and compiles reports from the database.
- Create and maintain hard copies of personnel and training records.
- Administers and monitors the performance evaluation process.
- Performs local benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as needed.
- Maintains organization charts, employee directory, badge system maintenance.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations. Updates HR bulletin board with law changes or company information.
- Requires occasional travel to attend local Career Fairs as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or similar field of study plus 2 to 5 years of HR experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- HRCI or SHRM Certified Professional. PHR or SHRM-CP credentials highly desirable
- Extensive working knowledge of ADP preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills