Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR department in supporting plant initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer various human resource functions and procedures for all plant personnel including worker’s compensation, FMLA, leave of absence, etc.
- Conduct New Hire Orientation.
- Conduct investigations and assists in administering disciplinary action under the guidance of the local HR Manager.
- Maintain Workday HRIS records and compiles reports from the database.
- Create and maintain hard copies of personnel and training records.
- Monitor and review the performance evaluation process for assigned groups.
- Perform local benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Maintain affirmative action tracking; and other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as needed.
- Maintain badge system records.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Update HR bulletin board with law changes or company information.
- May require occasional travel to attend local Career Fairs as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or equivalent field is required, plus 3 to 5 years of HR experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- HRCI or SHRM Certified Professional. PHR or SHRM-CP credentials highly desirable
- Extensive working knowledge of HR systems (Workday preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills