Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Responsible for the global procurement of a wide variety of technical and non-technical items and materials, standard catalog and MRO items, raw materials and equipment, and subcontractor services to support operations. Prepares requests for quotes, negotiates contracts, and develops sources/suppliers to meet cost reduction goals. Coordinates, develops and oversees supplier base management with emphasis on vendor base reductions and cost avoidance/reductions. Assist regional and local buyers in locating new vendors for a variety of products and services. Responsible for meeting with potential suppliers and determining capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and develop new sources for suppliers ensuring highest possible return on every dollar spent in procurement.
- Coordinate and obtain cost savings and avoid cost overruns.
- Solicit and analyze quotations in accordance with corporate policies.
- Develop sources and establish relationships with potential suppliers.
- Coordinate with engineering and production staff to edit and clarify purchase requisitions.
- Communicate complex specifications to potential suppliers and coordinate exceptions to engineering and production staff.
- Arrange and conduct supplier surveys and manage supplier performance evaluation program.
- Assist local purchasing agents in contract negotiations, researching alternative sources of supply to maintain competitive supplier base for quality and pricing.
- Participate in value analysis programs to meet corporate goals.
- Coordinates and implements corporate procurement policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related function is required
- 5 years’ experience in Purchasing, preferably within electronics manufacturing is preferred
- Thoroughly experienced in negotiation of purchase orders to include terms and conditions, freight, expedite fees, and contracts.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, assertive.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints and engineering/quality specifications.
- Experienced in international import and export transactions.
- Ability to review and negotiate contracts for a variety of products and services to obtain the most advantageous cost of ownership for the corporation.