Financial Systems Accountant
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Responsible for a range of financial systems administration and general accounting/reporting duties.
Manager, Corporate Accounting & Reporting
Duties and Responsibilities:
- •Financial system administration responsibilities include:
- Ensure financial systems are in compliance with AVX Financial Policy and financial controls are followed during maintenance.
- Add/remove users to financial systems. Annual review of user security rights.
- Support system maintenance in collaboration with various departments as necessary.
- Create and maintain system documentation for users.
- Train users of financial systems.
- Troubleshoot issues within the systems as necessary.
- Review current processes with finance team and support streamlining or automating processes to improve efficiencies.
- Perform month end close activities of financial systems.
- Act as a liaison between the Finance group and internal/external systems administrators.
- General Accounting Responsibilities include:
- Support accounting month end journal entries.
- Support month end account reconciliations for Corporate trial balance accounts.
- Research issues within the Corporate trial balance accounts and perform reclass journal entries as necessary.
- Support yearly Corporate budgeting process.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support accounting and financial reporting
- BS/BA in Accounting required.
- 3-5 years' accounting or reporting experience.
- Strong knowledge of computer/financial systems is required. Must have the ability to analyze and recommend changes to current/existing and future systems to increase efficiency of global accounting and finance groups.
- Strong professional communication to effectively interact with all levels of management, including senior executives.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
- Contribute to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required.
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.), use of PC and PC Software.
- Prior experience with SAP, Oracle EBS, Workday Payroll, Concur Expense, OneStream, MS Sharepoint is preferred.