Field Sales Engineer – Automotive Interconnect, Sensing & Control
Location: Detroit, MI
Job Description: Achieve maximum sales growth and account penetration within an assigned territory/area or customers by effectively selling all AVX IS&C products. Personally develop, plan, and execute on new business opportunities together with the Regional Sales Team (incl. Reps) and the product divisions.
Technical Sales Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a professional sales representative for AVX IS&C Corporate Products.
- Support sales team for design-in efforts for IS&C products in the territory assigned.
- Drive new design wins for IS&C products at assigned accounts. Hit revenue growth targets.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with designers with current AVX customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/area to generate new business for all AVX IS&C products.
- Make telephone calls and in-person visits to existing and prospective customers and distributors according to the guidelines of the AVX Management.
- Coordinate sales efforts with the local commercial AVX sales team. Inform about actions, customer visit plans, and executed customer visits.
- Provide or obtain technical support to find, develop, track, and close on new designs for all IS&C products in all appropriate applications.
- Set and achieve, together with the local commercial AVX Sales team, master plan and forecast on a month-to-month basis for both Direct and POS sales.
- Submit your personal four week calendar by using AVX reporting system.
- Generate and maintain projects in the AVX Project database for the main opportunities in your territory/area in partnership with the local commercial AVX sales team.
- Organize and join AVX customer visits to current AVX customers and prospective customers in partnership with the commercial AVX Sales Team, division business development engineers, technical marketing support, product managers, and AVX management team to maximize product promotion and design-in opportunities. Submit a detailed report after each visit in order to allow the effective follow-up of all customers and distributor requests.
- Keep up-to-date of the general product applications, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and the product divisions.
- Plan and organize personal technical design strategy by maximizing the ROI for the territory/area.
- Propose new products, applications, and markets for IS&C products. Work with Marketing and Design groups to launch new products to the market.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required
- Minimum 1 years' experience in Engineering or sales
- Extensive business and product knowledge in electronic components
- Strong people skills required and ability to manage by influence
- Experienced in new business opportunity identification and development process at a customer and application level
- Mentoring skill required for providing training to regional sales teams and distributors
- Strong verbal/written communications and interpersonal skills for communication, and building relationships, extensive internal and external contacts
- Analytical skills for assessing strengths and weaknesses of automotive IS&C sales programs and related results
- Strong teamwork, business acumen and operational excellence
- Good knowledge of all relevant IT / windows office applications