West Region Field Applications Engineer – Interconnect
Location: San Jose, CA
Job Description: This position is responsible for developing new customers and products within our Interconnect Division. You will work closely with field sales, development engineering and customers to identify connector application requirements leading to customer design approvals and new business for AVX. Additionally you will provide technical capability presentations to OEM customers to promote new technology and AVX interconnect products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with customers to develop customer specific interconnect solutions resulting in the design-in of AVX products.
- Analyzing customer application requirements and working with Development Engineering to determine project feasibility.
- Development of product and program implementation plans.
- Keeping current with the latest connector technology via participation on industry committees.
- Tracking, monitoring and communicating the status of project and design activities.
- Will support application development activities.
- 4 Year Engineering Degree required, preferably in mechanical engineering.
- Mechanical experience/aptitude required.
- Experience in technical marketing/sales, preferably related to electro-mechanical component manufacture preferred.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at the sales and customer level.
- Ability to travel 50% to 75% of the time within the Americas Region. Occasional travel to Europe may be required.
- Ability to work independently while taking direction from Regional Management.
- Experience in design of mechatronics parts; primarily connectors along with a good understanding of plastics, metals and plating materials for electro-mechanical components.