Location: Greenville, SC
This is a paid 12-week summer intern position. The position will work with the manufacturing and engineering teams to improve product flow through operations based on lean manufacturing. The candidate will be primarily responsible for performing time studies on processes along with analyzing data and proposing improvements to the overall process flow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with and create complex Excel spreadsheets.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Perform time studies and update time standards.
- Research and analyze data for requirements.
- Create and update manufacturing documentation.
- Must follow all safety and environmental standards for the facility.
- Candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited University and will have completed their sophomore or junior year in a Bachelor of Science degree (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Visa Sponsorship
- Strong technical and organizational skills in addition to excellent written and communication skills in a professional environment
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, and dependability will be expected
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with staff in a team environment