Division Quality Manager, Tantalum
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The Divisional Quality Manager, Tantalum Group leads the divisional technical functions for all global manufacturing locations supplying tantalum components to various markets. This is accomplished in cooperation with Engineering and Quality personnel to meet company and regulatory standards for product quality, customer quality satisfaction, cost savings, and yield improvement. Interfaces with Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, R&D and production teams to achieve results.
Director, Tantalum Operations
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead transfer of all Ta products to achieve consolidation of the various product series in each specific location per corporate initiatives. Ensure all documentation (PCN, EOL, PPAP and data packages) is completed per corporate requirements.
- Utilize 6 sigma methodology to support Quality and Engineering continuous improvement projects, focus on yield improvements, reliability ppm reductions, reduction in variation for key process/product characteristics/attributes and achieve cost savings per the corporate goals.
- Coordinate efforts between facilities to share best practices, process, quality improvements and production improvements.
- Provide support to the quality groups for all customer complaints, focus on meeting/exceeding 8D timing expectations, bring 8D to closure with mistake proof documented corrective actions, to achieve year by year reduction in customer complaints per corporate goals.
- Implement QOS system in all Ta facilities to store required reviews per corporate regulations and our various certifications. Maintain a database by location to store data from weekly, monthly, annual and any other required periodic Operational and Quality reviews.
- Work with the Field Applications Engineers to link customer technical/quality and new product updates with the appropriate personnel at the Ta production facilities.
- Monitor new product introductions to validate performance and ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Maintain quality KPI’s with key suppliers.
- At least a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
- Background in statistical analysis, SPC, and Six Sigma methodology is required
- Preferably hold a black belt certification