Director, Global Marketing – Connectors
Location: Greenville, SC or Remote
Job Description: This position is responsible for the implementation and management of projects and programs across a full application of products as defined by, and on behalf of the Vice President of Marketing. Responsible for developing and implementing a global product marketing business plan that will generate a profitable product line. You will also work to implement projects and programs by working with and through the responsible regional sales and marketing teams and multiple operations. This includes Engineering, Production Control, Manufacturing, R&D and Quality.
Sr. VP, Marketing
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the regional marketing managers and other stake holders to develop a global marketing strategy. This will require a minimum 2 visits per year in each of the major regions.
- Lead the direction of new product development and introduction targeting specific applications.
- Ensure the continuity and timely completion of projects and programs by monitoring the efforts of all departments mentioned and assisting in their coordination when required. Projects may include new product development, product improvements, prioritization, etc.
- Monitor operational performance and recommend changes required in plant operation for the product to achieve the required capacity, on-time delivery, quality, and manufacturing costs. Control and optimize inventory at all times, keeping in mind inventory carrying costs, obsolescence, and lost business opportunities due to stock shortages.
- Liaison between the Factories and Sales, Field Application Engineers and Customers.
- Keeps all involved departments updated of progress by oral and written reporting. Present to leadership groups, both in and outside of AVX.
- Develops marketing plans and programs to achieve the desired sales goals on a profitable basis.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system for the collection and dissemination to and from the sales force of information concerning product performance and applications.
- Determines the present and future market potential of all products assigned.
- Analyze direct and indirect completion, prices, policies and promotions.
- Develop and implement appropriate means of combating competitive situations and specific action required.
- Oversee new products and expansion of existing products along with the pruning of non-profitable products..
- Assist in a resolution of customer complaints through prompt investigation.
- P&L responsibility via final pricing and volume balancing. Responsible for implementing a marketing business plan that will generate a profitable product line.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a STEM-related discipline, Business, or Marketing. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in a marketing manager position, preferably in Electronic Components, including prior experience managing a team.
- Attention to details, ability to follow through with multiple assignments and ability to receive, assimilate and relay technical information accurately.
- Significant travel is a requirement of this position.
- Experience managing P&L responsibilities.