Location: Greenville, SC
The Customer Specification Engineer (CIS) is responsible for communications with our customer component engineers to resolve technical questions. They will also maintain the customer drawings files as well as internal process specifications for manufacturing. This involves all AVX product lines as well as handling new product releases. In addition, this individual will work closely with the sales team, marketing managers, manufacturing engineers, quality engineers, as well as the customer engineers to resolve technical issues. The position reports directly to the Global Specification Manager. Additional responsibilities will include, developing automated systems for product specification entry and maintenance, working with customers on their application needs, RFQ systems, Competitors PN systems, and Rohs, Reach, and Material Declaration assistance with the factories.
Global Specification Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of spec master files that detail product processes, testing and packaging in the USA for all AVX products.
- Perform customer specification reviews for AVX product and process compliance with the customers.
- Develop bill of materials and routings for AVX product manufacturing.
- Review customer orders, as required, to assess AVX qualification status.
- Provide feedback to AVX personnel and/or customers relative to our product compliance of
defined product parameters, process requirements, customer qualifications or industry
standards. Continually communicate with Sales and the customer to determine part availability.
- RFQ cross reference via AVX RFQ systems and coordination of pending RFQ cross for
Marketing to price.
- Direct the Greenville Specification Specialist/Technicians in regards to COSE support including the creation of new part series.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field required. A degree in a technical or Engineering discipline is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, as well as PC related programs. Skills related to enhancements of off the shelf software packages desired.
- Very detail oriented with strong follow-up skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills, both verbal and written.
- Creatively designs and develops new tools, methodologies and approaches for analysis and data management with an eye for re-use and/or expansion. Masters and effectively leverages existing tools, methodologies & approaches
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Product Specifications preferably with AVX electronic components. Should have a working knowledge of BOMs, specification data, and the ability to read and understand component product drawings. Must have demonstrable understanding of electronics as they apply to the manufacture of passive components.