Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: This position will be responsible for maintaining an assigned collection portfolio of accounts, processing new customer applications, customer maintenance requests and assembling customer's credit/financial records and other related data. Conducts research, gathers pertinent information, and performs financial analysis to determine credit capacity and creditworthiness of applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review customer documentation and conduct credit research.
- Conduct financial analysis (comparative & trends).
- Analyze current credit exposure vs acceptable financial risk.
- Update/Authorize credit limits up to assigned approval limit.
- Maintain AVX customer database, including establish new accounts and maintenance changes as needed.
- Collection calls and emails for assigned accounts to seek payment and/or resolve discrepancies as needed.
- Request and process credits/debits related to account discrepancies.
- Process payments and resolve discrepancies when necessary.
- Analyze cause of account discrepancies and promote change for improvement.
- Keep Credit Management informed of problems within customer base, within AVX processes, and within department.
- Coordinate with all areas of AVX and customer as needed to ensure all work is being done efficiently and effectively to keep Accounts Receivable current.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Business Management required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Accounting/Credit/Financial Analysis preferred, manufacturing experience a plus.
- Financial analysis skills to analyze customer financial statements; conduct ratio analysis; and, review financial footnotes to uncover hidden risks.
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and team-oriented.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook and Oracle. Prefer experience with D&B, GetPaid Collection Software, Oracle AR, and SAP.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Prefer bi-lingual.
- Adept at multitasking and prioritizing multiple responsibilities with little oversight.
- Well organized with strong follow-up skills.