Corporate EHSS Engineer
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: The primary focus for this position is to assist with the establishment and revision of EHS policies and guidance documents. Able to respond to general technical and regulatory questions with minimal oversight of EHS Managers. Has the ability to perform regulatory research, travel, perform audits, write audit reports, and lead special technical projects and initiatives with minimal oversight of EHS Managers (requires knowledge of the regulations, manufacturing processes, EHS technical methods, and organizational management). Promote awareness and communication between corporate EHSS and facilities.
Corporate EHS Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multi-task and troubleshoot in a constantly evolving work setting.
- Candidate must be self-directed and detail-oriented, manage confidential information and be able to work independently.
- Actively participate as a valued member of the corporate EHSS group to champion a highly visible safety culture while providing guidance and technical support.
- Establish metrics to track plant safety goals and initiatives.
- Assist with the strategic plans and annual EHSS goals and objectives to improve overall EHSS programs and performance.
- Develop and deploy EHSS procedures and training programs to reduce injuries, reduce risk, and maintain compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Participate in corporate safety/environmental initiatives including those associated with employee wellness, interaction with the local community and visitors/contractors.
- Ability to stay focused in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and knowledge to appropriate levels of the organization, both orally and in writing.
- Assist with ISO, and EHSS internal auditing including tracking of all information and corrective actions.
- Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Ensure site compliance with state, local and federal EHS regulations along with ISO 14001 and 45001.
- Lead and participate on corporate safety/environmental teams.
- Remain current in changing environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Manage key EHSS projects, programs, and initiatives.
- Provide thorough and timely follow-up to site incidents and ensure appropriate action item completion.
- Prepare and conduct safety and environmental training programs and ensure proper records are kept.
- Resolve conflicts in corporate/facility relations.
- Drive administrative controls to eliminate hazards in the facility to create a zero-incident workplace.
- Lead continuous improvement opportunities either in work practices or work conditions.
- Conducts hazard and safety assessments and prepare appropriate documentation.
- Communicate and report on all aspects of plant environmental, safety and health issues.
- Interact with AVX management, legal, and regulatory agencies as needed relating to environment, health, and safety.
- Maintains chemical tracker database.
- Maintains EHSS document retention program.
- Responsible for maintaining document management system for EHSS.
- Maintain databases in Smartsheets, including audit, hazard and near miss databases, heat map database, challenge coin database, and EHSS AVX Intranet site.
- Build training programs using Articulate 360.
- Lead continuous improvement opportunities utilizing best management practice, benchmarking, predictive analytics, employee recognition and the like.
- Support and coordinate the scheduling and preparation for facility audits and training.
- Manages assignments under multiple supervisors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- BS Degree is required, preferably with 2 years related experience at a manufacturing facility. RCRA, DOT, OSHA, First Aid/CPR training preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Intermediate level of knowledge using standard Microsoft desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Articulate 360 & Smartsheet).