Ceramic Process Engineer
Location: Greenville, SC
Job Description: Performs primary engineering and/or design work on minor equipment, major components or phases of a major product within the manufacturing facility.
Sr. Project Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan details of assigned project, including methods and scope of work under the functional guidance of senior personnel where some detailed outline of procedures and desired results are given.
- Coordinates design and development of projects with related activities to ensure compatibility of design and adherence to specifications.
- Prepares materials for effective, efficient training of machine operators
- Serves as liaison with equipment manufacturers for process and machinery improvements
- Establishes and conducts test, analyzes and interprets test results and prepares reports summarizing methods employed and results obtained in the solution of the assigned project.
- Requires the limited use and/or application of basic engineering or scientific principles, theories and concepts to develop solutions to problems of limited scope.
- Prepares training manuals, operating procedures and instructions for manufacturing processes
- Ensures proper manufacturing procedures are followed, adhering to all safety policies and procedures and quality regulations and standards, and achieving optimal operational costs
- Identifies production process problems, conducts tests and experiments to analyze problems; solves problems in conjunction with other departments
- Provides technical support to technicians and production personnel in response to production issues or during preventative maintenance utilizing excellent interpersonal skills
- Troubleshoots machinery as required with the support of a qualified technician
- Creates and manages project plans for continuous improvement initiatives, delivering on results as committed
- Analyzes manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing
- May handle hazardous waste
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Ceramics, Materials, Electrical, Chemical or similar)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Continuous Improvement / Problem Solving
- Deployment and Monitoring of Key Indicators
- Formalization and Transmission of Knowledge and Skills
- Project Management and Innovation