Location: Greenville, SC
Ceramic process engineering and design work on formulations and processing of passive components such as thermistors, capacitors, and resistors.
Group Materials Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate new materials and new process parameters for the development of thermistors, capacitors, and resistors.
- Develop a range of materials and processing techniques for these products.
- Establishes and conducts tests, analyzes and interprets rest results, and prepares reports summarizing methods employed and results obtained in the solution of the assigned project.
- Requires the limited use and/or application of basic engineering or scientific principles, theories, and concepts to develop solutions to problems of limited scope.
- Coordinates design and development of projects with related activities to ensure compatibility of design and adherence to specifications.
- Prepares operating procedures and instructions for manufacturing processes.
- Ensures proper manufacturing procedures are followed, adhering to all safety policies and procedures and quality regulations and standards.
- Analyzes manufacturing process capabilities of new products to identify potential production processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Ceramics, Materials, or Chemical preferred)
- Knowledge in electro-ceramics and processing
- Continuous improvement and creative problem solving
- Project management, excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skills in characterization using analytical instruments (XRD, SEM, ICP, Particle size analysis, optical microscopy) and working knowledge of computer programs