Location: Greenville, SC
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for assisting in the initiation, development, coordination, and monitoring of assigned marketing activities for specific product lines, with a focus on increasing profitability. The Associate Product Manager is to ensure the timely completion of assigned projects or daily tasks by monitoring the efforts of all departments involved and by assisting in the coordination when required. This position also functions as a liaison between groups such as manufacturing, engineering, sales, customer service, AVX direct sales personnel, and customers.
Product Marketing Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of short- and long-term business and marketing plans for assigned products.
- Contribute to development and implementation of product development plans and monitor progress of specific projects.
- Analyze and evaluate general market and sales data on assigned products to monitor volume/business trends versus plan.
- Perform centralized pricing activities.
- Manage AVX inventory.
- Create & maintain training & marketing tools
- Assist in the development of marketing and training tools for customer service and field sales personnel
- Prepare and present training materials for presentation to customers and AVX personnel
- Coordinate new product introduction or releases (NPI or NPR) and press releases
- Reporting & Data Analysis
- Analyze the profit and loss (P&L) to ensure that the stated profit objectives and revenue targets are met in accordance to the company’s direction and goals
- Analyze the POA, POS, and inventory for the distribution channel
- Notify or inform supervisor and management of any potential problems or sales opportunities via activity reports and/or daily interaction
- Compile customer account information necessary to provide reports as required by customer and/or management
- Develop and analyze sales and marketing data
- Research and gather information about competitor’s product lines and relative position in the market
- Maintain balanced scorecard initiatives with regular updates to team:
- On time delivery reports
- Managing quality issues
- Quote responsiveness
- Internal customer scorecards
- External customer scorecards
- Customer visits
- Price competitiveness/market share
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a STEM-related discipline is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a product marketing related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Strong communication skills with internal personnel, sales representatives, and customers required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Powerpoint, and Excel. Experience with CRM systems and Oracle a plus.
- Possess advanced analytical skills and strong problem solving aptitude.