Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
This manufacturing position is primarily responsible for operating CNC Laser drilling machines to produce quality products. This includes preparing the parts by coating them in emulsion, programming the equipment using CAD software, setting-up the equipment, loading and running the program and inspecting the parts. All work is performed within written and/or verbal procedures and safety guidelines. This position may operate other machinery used in the manufacturing process, assist other machine operators as needed or perform other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate CNC (computer numerically controlled) Laser drilling machines used in the manufacturing process.
- Configure and check the design layout using computer aided design (CAD) software while utilizing a computer interface to program and operate the LASER MACHINING systems used to scribe and drill features into metalized and unmetalized substrates.
- Ensures all drilling is performed in accordance with supporting documents and drawings.
- Prepare and clean substrates pre/post LASER scribing/machining.
- Verify products integrity through inspections (visual, mechanical and electrical methods).
- Perform “First Article Inspections” for peers in the LASER work center.
- Adhere to all policies, including maintaining a clean and safe work environment while functioning as a team player.
- Promptly inform supervision of problems that may restrict manufacturing or impact yields.
- Adhere to work center schedules while accurately reporting process information.
- Confer with Engineering to resolve technical problems and concerns.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by supervision or management.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years related experience.
- Experience in operating and programming CNC machines (G Code).
- Experience with AutoCAD.
- Experience with various measurement techniques and tools.
- Experience with Gemini Laser system is preferred.
- Capable of working with various chemicals and using the necessary Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Capable of working in a class 100 clean room with filtered lighting.
- Capable of working with small hand tools.
- Able to use a microscope (5 to 40X).
- Able to handle problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Able to effectively communicate in English - both verbal and written. This includes the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; the ability to write routine correspondence; and the ability to accept and understand written and verbal instructions from supervision/management.
- Detail oriented, good hand/eye dexterity; capable of multitasking.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift weight or exert force up to 25 pounds.
- Able to function in a HIGH-PACED manufacturing environment.
- Willing and able to adjust work hours, work overtime as needed and have good attendance.
- Ability to travel to Jacksonville, Florida for training.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 CFR 120.15 is required, or if a non-US. Person, the ability to obtain an export license approved by the U.S. Department of State.
- “U.S. Person” includes U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee.