Features & Benefits
- Mates with standard horizontal socket: no need to change any connectors
- 5 Amp current rating: exceeds general market needs
- Wires are soldered into connector with tie wrap strain relief: simplicity
- Optional latch: provides positive attachment to PCB connector
- Available in white: supports SSL market preferences
- Provided Wire-to-Board capabilities to standard 9159 2-Piece connector system
The 9159 series of Board-to-Board interconnect system allows two PCBs to be mated end-to-end creating strips of LED lighting. Designed specifically for the unique Solid State Lighting (SSL) market requiring coplanar (horizontal-to-horizontal) PCB mating with a 5 Amp current rating in the smallest package available. The cabled plug was developed to bring power and signals onto the PCB’s while keeping the same board level interface. This allows the designer to build a single PCB with a receptacle on one end and a plug on the other end to minimize cost and inventory. Regardless of where the PCB is used in the system, the cabled plug connector will then create the connection to the outside world. The optional latch can be inserted into the plug housing to assure positive attachment to the PCB in harsh environments without having to change the PCB connector.