Features & Benefits
- Can replace costly traditional RF connector systems
- Good RF performance up to 6GHz
- Mechanically strong with peel off force up to 70N
- Easy assembly process with ability to automate
- The connector comes in multiple types for different coaxial cables.
- Small package size and mechanical strength allows usage in automotive and industrial antenna applications
- Reference Application Notes 201-01-214
Designed to simplify the connection process, the new 6791 series wire to board connectors for coaxial cables enable simple termination with one press. Expanded the proven-reliable IDC (Insulation displacement connector) from signal/power transmission to high frequency transmission field up to 6Ghz, the IDC contact pierces the jacket and insulation of the cable and makes direct contact with the strands and conductor of the wire at the same time.
Comparing with direct soldering the soldering quality is no more depending on operator’s skill which is hard to be unified and controlled. Hand soldering is now not preferred/allows in automotive field. Comparing with costly traditional 2-piece solution which is generally taller than 10mm, the new 6791 Series offers a cost-effective solution and the on board height in less than 5mm after the cap is pressed. Process to prepare coaxial cable with a 2-piece connector is time consuming and costly, with the launch of the new 6791 series the process is now simplified and the cost is reduced.