Features & Benefits
- Mates to the standard plug connector: does not require a new connector
- Integral latching mechanism: Provides positive attachment to the plug
- Gold plated BeCu spring contacts: reliability for harsh environments
- Available in white: supports SSL market preferences
- Coplanar PCB mating in SSL products
- LED linear lighting strips
The 9159 series of Board-to-Board interconnect system allows two PCBs to be mated end-to-end creating strips of LED lighting. Designed specifically for the unique Solid State Lighting (SSL) market requiring coplanar (horizontal-to-horizontal) PCB mating with a 5 Amp current rating in the smallest package available. The 2 position shorting socket was designed to plug onto the last PCB in the lighting strip to short the two contacts together, closing the electrical loop. Just as the cabled plug brings power and signals onto the light strip, the shorting socket completes the circuit while maintaining a single board design.