Features & Benefits
- Proven contact reliability in harsh industrial or medical applications
- Increased contact deflection range above existing connectors on the market
- Gold plated Beryllium contact spring contact assures maximum contact reliability and functionality up to 5000 cycles
- Beveled lead in on pad connector facilitates smooth module engagement from either direction
- Portable electronics requiring a removable battery
- Interface for removable/pluggable modules or cartridges
- Docking cradle for charging and data transfer
This unique battery or removable module style connector is different from most others in that it allows for the pluggable device to be swiped or connected from either direction. The spring contact offers enhanced contact deflection range over existing connectors in the market with a full 1.4mm of travel after contact engagement. This contact design allows the connector to absorb more of the plastic or housing tolerances making it more functional and reliable in real life applications.
The fixed pad connector is unique in the industry as a replaces the plating of gold directly onto PCB pads. The main benefit of using this connector is to elevate the pad surface well above the PCB so that the gold contacts are close to flush with the outside packaging. This minimizes the distance that a spring contact would need to absorb in the mating tolerance band. Also unique to this connector is the angled contact lead-in on both sides which facilitates smooth engagement of the spring contact from either direction.