Features & Benefits
- Capacitance Range: 1000 pF to 1.2 μF
- Capacitance Tolerances: ±10%, ±20%
- Operating Temperature Range: -55°C to +125°C
- Voltage Rating: 250 VDC Telco rating
- Dielectric Strength: Minimum 200% rated voltage for 5 seconds at 50 mA max. current
AVX “Tip & Ring” or “ring detector” Multilayer Ceramic Chip Capacitors are designed as a standard telecom filter to block -48 Volts DC telephone line voltage and pass subscriber’s AC signal pulse (16 to 25Hz, 70 to 90Vrms). The typical ringing signal is seen on figure on page 101. The ringer capacitors replace large leaded film capacitors and are ideal for telecom/modem applications. Using AVX “Tip & Ring” capacitors not only saves valuable real estate on the board and reduces the weight of overall product, but also features standard surface mounting capabilities, so critical to new and compact designs.
The AVX “Tip & Ring” capacitors are offered in standard EIA sizes and standard values. They offer excellent high frequency performance, low ESR and improved temperature performance over film capacitors.