Features & Benefits
- Unique High CV, low ESR, vertically stacked construction
- Voltage Range: 25, 50 and 100V
- Capacitance Range: 8.2µF to 220µF
- High current handling capabilities
- Ideally suited as filters in the input and output stages of switch mode power supplies (SMPS)
The TurboCap™ MLC capacitors from AVX Corporation are characterized with very high capacitance in a small volume. By vertical stacking of the ceramic elements, the footprint required for mounting the capacitors is greatly reduced. TurboCaps™ are ideally suited as filters in the input and output stages of switch mode power supplies (SMPS). The DIP leads in either thru-hole or surface mount configurations offer superior stress relief to the ceramic elements. The leads effectively decouple the parts from the board and minimize thermally or mechanically induced stresses encountered during assembly, temperature cycling, or other environmental conditions.