The key physical characteristic determining equivalent series inductance (ESL) of a capacitor is the size of the current loop it creates. The smaller the current loop, the lower the ESL. ESL is typically reduced 60% or more with an LICC versus a standard MLCC. A Low Inductance Chip Capacitor (LICC) sometimes referred to as Reverse Geometry Capacitor (RGC) has its terminations on the longer side of its rectangular shape rather than on the shorter sides like a traditional surface mount MLCC.
- Advanced Ceramic Capacitors for Power Supply, High Voltage, and Tip and Ring Applications
- Surface Mount Ceramic Capacitor Products
- European Space Agency and CECC Ceramic Capacitor Products
- High Voltage Ceramic Capacitors
- Multilayer Ceramic Leaded Capacitors
- Multilayer Ceramic Feedthru Chip Capacitors and Arrays
- Automotive Products Catalog